Rabri Motichoor Parfait

Do you have a lot of ''mithai k dabbe' lying around in every visible corner of your house after Diwali? Do you also just like me don't know what to do with the heap of sweets ? You are bored of eating them as it is. And no one ever has the heart to throw away those yummy kaju katli or the delicious moong dal barfi ( exceptions being the soan papdi though, you know right!)( and lets not even start about gaining those extra kilos because of them).

I had this box of motichoor ladoo(which I generally dont like) and I got this amazing recipe from Pinterest (my treasure chest) and thanks to Dr. Neha Mathur at The Whisk Affair  for this amazing idea, the box of motichoor has now comfortably vanished.



And this was because of the RABRI  MOTICHOOR  PARFAIT that I made.
Believe me its one of the easiest Indian desserts I made, ingredients that you can count on your fingers, technique that is a child's play. All you need is time..in abundance. That you can guess by the name Rabri itself!

PIECE OF INFO:
So for those who don'y know what Rabri is, its an authentic North Indian dessert which is made essentially sweetened thickened milk that has layers of malai(cream) in it. Its made with full fat milk which is slow cooked until it becomes a quarter of what is was. Laborious process to be true! But the results would be worth it.

And Parfait is a French frozen dessert which is made layers of ice-cream, fruits, liquor, gelatin, whipped cream, etc in tall glasses.

So this is an Indian twist to the French Parfait- completely vegetarian and heavenly to taste.







Link to the original recipe is here. I tried her recipe and it turned out great. Thanks Ma'am.

My version is given below. Hope you enjoy the dessert as much as I did.

RABRI MOTICHOOR PARFAIT

INGREDIENTS
Full cream milk                                                 1 litre
Sugar                                                                  4 tsp
Cardamom Powder(Elaichi)                              1/4 tsp
Kewra essence(optional)                                    1 tsp
Motichoor ladoo                                                 4
Pistachio and Almonds(for garnishing)             4-5 each

MEHTOD

1) Pour milk in a heavy bottom pan and bring it to boil.
2) Now keep cooking on medium heat (Stirring in every 2 min so that it doesn't burn) till it becomes half of what it was.
3) Now add sugar, cardamom powder and essence(optional).
4) Keep on cooking till it again reduces to half of what it was. By this time you will find the milk to be thick, turning yellowish and will have malai(cream) in it.
5) Take a glass, put one motichoor ladoo in it and layer it with rabri and garnish with chopped pistachios and almonds.
6) Chill for an hour and your dessert is ready to be served.

Hope you like this French dessert in a traditional Indian style solution to the box of sweets at your home. If you have any more such ideas do share it with us.

Follow my Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter page to get updates on my new posts.

Happy Eating ☺

Comments

  1. Amazing!!! I liked this website sooo much it's really awesome I liked your creativity your way.I have also gone through your other posts too and they are also very much appreciate able and I have got some sweet comments for them also now I'm just waiting for your next update to come as I like all your other posts... well I have also made an article hope you go through it Rakhi , Raksha Bandhan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts